Maxoil is an independent process engineering and production chemistry consultancy experienced in providing optimisation and troubleshooting services around the world.
We provide our clients with specialised knowledge from onshore/offshore heavy oil to unconventional production (including Shale Gas, Shale Oil, Coal Seam Gas and Tight Gas) in some of the most challenging production environments.
Our objective is simple: add strategic value at every level.
Maxoil has a proven track record when it comes to onshore and offshore heavy oil projects [...]
Maxoil has a proven track record when it comes to onshore and offshore heavy oil projects via various activities such as:
- Overseeing fluid characterisation studies (including rheological properties) and sampling campaigns to gain an understanding of the anticipated problems
- Providing design and operational assurance for oil dehydration and separation systems
- Define the impacts of all production chemistry issues that are related in the processing of the heavy oil fluids
- Perform troubleshooting and health check surveys
- Develop specifically catered chemical management strategies
Asphaltene / Wax
Organic fouling of production systems is an issue that has been tackled by Maxoil for many years [...]
Organic fouling of production systems is an issue that has been tackled by Maxoil for many years. Our capabilities in this area include:
- Modelling of wax and asphaltene onset conditions and deposition rates (downhole and subsea)
- Overseeing fluids rheological, wax and asphaltene related properties characterisation for design basis purposes
- Giving operational and design assurance for systems when commingled production streams are incompatible with asphaltene
- Troubleshooting of existing systems with wax and asphaltene problems
- Design of organic fouling management strategies including application of suitable chemicals
Naphthenates / Soaps
For offshore and onshore greenfields, Maxoil has the proven ability to risk assess the production fluids for the risk [...]
For offshore and onshore greenfields, Maxoil has the proven ability to assess the production fluids for the risk of either Calcium naphthenate fouling solids or Carboxylate soap emulsions formation. Our capabilities also include the proven ability to design naphthenate and soap management facilities, including separator/heater/cooler/coalescer hardware, produced water handling systems, naphthenate control chemical injection systems and oil storage tanks affected by soap sludge accumulation, such that these production issues can be properly and cost-effectively managed.
H2S & CO2
Maxoil can perform acid gas management projects for clients including model simulations of H2S and CO2 mass balance [...]
Maxoil can perform acid gas management projects for clients including:
- Model simulations of H2S and CO2 mass balance and partitioning within subsea and surface production facilities
- Concept selection feasibility studies for acid gas treatment facilities
- Development of chemical management strategies for reducing H2S and CO2 in gas, hydrocarbon liquids and water streams
- Gas sulphur removal process plant commissioning and troubleshooting of existing acid gas handling plants operational problems.
Meg & Teg
Glycol recovery systems have a number of key operational problems and Maxoil has years of experience in troubleshooting such [...]
Glycol recovery systems have a number of key operational problems and Maxoil has years of experience in troubleshooting such systems so as to optimise these systems with respect to improved glycol recovery. The types of problems solved by Maxoil cover:
- Mechanical design and operational issues that include improving the design and performance of the pre-treatment facilities
- Selection and optimal application of production chemicals that are compatible in the system
- Control of scaling and corrosion
- Improving the separation characteristics and the removal of other contaminants that create additional problems, such as fouling
Maxoil has the capability to perform risk assessments for the risk of hydrates formation in greenfield subsea production systems [...]
Maxoil has the capability to perform assessments for the risk of hydrates formation in greenfield subsea production systems, as well as the ability to define hydrate management strategies (including the use of suitable hydrate inhibitor chemicals) and also to troubleshoot existing systems with hydrate problems.
Unconventional Production (including Shale Gas & Oil, Coal Seam Gas and Tight Gas)
From the United States to the Middle East, Maxoil is building a growing knowledge base regarding Flow Assurance and [...]
From the United States to the Middle East, Maxoil is building a growing knowledge base regarding Flow Assurance and Production Chemistry management of unconventional resource production systems. We have performed a number of projects to give assurance with regard to cost-effective management of issues via both on-site and office based project work, such as:
- Water handling
- Paraffin deposition control
- Acid gas treatment
- Scale control
- Corrosion management
- Overall production chemical management
Should you be unable to find the area of concern you are presently facing listed above, please feel free to contact any of our offices for more information.